Opened in 1961, Joseph Estabrook Elementary School is an elite, public school and one of the first team teaching schools in the United States. In February 2014, Estabrook School opened a newly constructed, 90,000 sq.ft. LEED Silver (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building. The school serves 497 students representing 23 countries in grades K-5 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1.
Estabrook School provides authentic learning experiences through high quality instruction, rich literature, problem-solving, project-based learning, technology integration and pro-social learning opportunities ranking them 8th Best Public Elementary Schools in Massachusetts by Niche.com. The School also has a wide variety of before school activities, such as Before School Sports, Morning Club, Math Olympiad and Chess Clubs. During the school day, Estabrook holds concerts, grade level assemblies, social lunch groups, and Arts and Children Together (ACT) performances.
- Top 81 best public elementary schools in the U.S.
- One of the top schools in MCAS testing
- Safe Routes to Schools Bronze Awards and “Honor Roll” awards for recognition of exemplary programs
- #8 Best Public School in Massachusetts
- 117 Grove Street, Lexington, MA 02420
- (781) 861-2520
- Facebook Page