Summer is in full swing and everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather for which we have been patiently waiting for. However, before packing up and heading away on Summer vacation with the family, there’s a few home maintenance tasks you should consider handling this Summer. Taking the time to do the proper maintenance now can help you catch small problems before they turn into larger ones in the future.
- Inspect and drain water heater
- Inspect air conditioners – if you have a central AC system, consider having it professionally services. If you have a window AC unit, you should plan to clean the filter
- Inspect and repair driveway
- Inspect decks and patios to determine weather they need to be sealed or repaired
- Inspect crawlspaces
- Replace water filters, including ice maker filter
- Clean bathroom sink and tub drains
- Check for leaks in the kitchen, bathroom, around bathroom cabinets, etc.
- Exterior paint touch ups
- Check your roof for missing shingles, mold or anything else that might impact roof’s integrity
- Stock up on hurricane supplies
If you need a recommendation for a local vendor to assist you with these tasks or have any other questions about how to keep your home in top shape, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’d be honored to help in any way we can.