Autumn Outings for the Whole Family
Autumn is a beautiful time of year, particularly in New England! There’s so much to see, do, taste, and explore! Grab the family and get ready to enjoy the cooler weather and fall colors before you’re all stuck inside for the winter.
There are so many farms open and ready for visitors to come pick apples and pumpkins, or enjoy hayrides and festivals, that it can be difficult to choose one! We’ve chosen eight of our favorites in Essex and Middlesex counties north of Boston.
- Kimball Farm in Westford and Haverhill, Massachusetts, offers maple syrup straight from the trees right on the farm! There are fresh eggs for sale in the farm market, as well as a snacks and refreshment stand. Kimball Farm boasts a petting zoo, pony rides, and horse-drawn hay rides. There is also a corn maze, a haunted corn maze, and a hay bale maze.
- Wilson Farm in Lexington, Massachusetts, offers a variety of activities you can enjoy this fall. The Wilson Farm has everything from a hay maze and pumpkin floral arrangement workshops to Halloween gingerbread workshops. There’s fun for the whole family at Wilson Farms! Check out their fall activities and plan a trip to the farm that the whole family will enjoy.
- Salem Haunted Happenings, located in downtown Salem, Massachusetts has a variety of Halloween activities during the month of October. Salem Haunted Happenings has a Grand Parade, the Haunted Biz Baz Street Fair, Family Film Nights on Salem Common, costume balls, ghost tours, haunted houses, live music, and chilling theatrical presentations. There’s fun to be had by the whole family at the Salem Haunted Happenings.
- Marini Farm in Ispwich, Massachusetts, has a fall festival, as well as some other fun theme nights, such as Doggy Maze Days and Trick or Treat Character Hayrides. There are plenty of pumpkins for sale here that you can pick up in the farm stand, or that you can go pick for yourself in the pumpkin patch. There’s an 8-acre corn maze, a mini corn maze for the little ones, and a corn cannon to enjoy!
- Connors Farm and Corn Maze, located in Danvers, Massachusetts, offers a fun, fright-free corn maze to enjoy during the day, as well as a haunted corn maze and zombie safari paintball to add in some Halloween-themed fun! There’s also a child-sized haybale maze for the little ones. There’s tractor-pulled hay rides, produce for sale, a petting zoo, and a picnic area. There’s delicious barbecue for sale, a DJ on site, and a campfire down by the pond.
- Honeypot Hill Orchard, located in Stow, Massachusetts, lets their visitors pick their own apples and pumpkins. You can go through the hedge maze, take a hayride, and visit with the friendly farm animals. In the farm store you’ll find cider donuts, caramel apples, apple pie, pumpkin pie, cider slushies, and soft serve ice-cream. There’s also apple cider for sale that is pressed on site!
- Brooksby Farm in Peabody, Massachusetts, offers pick-your-own pumpkins and apples, wagon rides, honey straight from the hives on site, barnyard animals to see, a fun farm store, and a picnic area. There’s also a bakery offering cider donuts, hot cider, and coffee. Garden vegetables are available from July through early fall, and then winter squash and apples are available through December.
- Goss Farm in Dunstable, Massachusetts, boasts a fall festival, train rides, a bounce house, face painting, and pumpkin pies! You can pick your own pumpkins, try your luck through the haunted corn maze, take the kids through the mini corn maze, and check out the corn cannon. There’s also a petting zoo and pony rides.
Explore any or all of these farms for a fun-filled, fall adventure that your whole family will enjoy!